Post Vasectomy Advice
1. The vasectomy procedure lasts anywhere from 10-12 minutes.
2. Patients do not require any general anesthesia and often take a Valium tablet before the procedure to remove the anxiety often associated with the procedure.
3. A bag of frozen peas or ice should be placed on top of the underwear over the scrotum to help reduce any swelling. Instead of frozen peas, you can place a few ice cubes in a zip lock bag and place this over the scrotum for a few hours after the procedure.
4. You may feel an ache in your testicles which is treated with extra strength Tylenol or Aleve.
5. You will need to have a ride home if you take the Valium.
6. It is recommended that vasectomy patients abstain from sex for 3 days.
7. You should have no activity the day of the procedure and minimal activity for 2-3 days after the procedure. You can resume all activity including heavy lifting and bike riding seven days after the procedure.
8. You will need to use some form of contraception until your semen is examined under the microscope to be certain that all sperm are absent from the ejaculate. I suggest that you have 15 ejaculations using contraception and then bring in a specimen for me to examine. If no sperm is seen, I will ask for a second specimen a few days later and if the second specimen is without sperm, you will be considered sterile and can stop using contraception.
"Reviews" 분류의 다른 글
|The actual culprit: his health and usually the blood supply to the penis.||2017/09/01|
|Will it hurt?||2017/08/30|
|Erectile Dysfunction Is Not Always an Affliction of Old Age||2017/08/28|
|How does the vasectomy prevent pregnancy?||2017/08/27|
|Common reasons given for having a vasectomy.||2017/08/25|
|No-Scalpel Vasectomy-Almost Painless Male Contraception||2017/08/23|
|So what’s the difference?||2017/08/21|
|Two important cautions!||2017/08/18|
|Vasectomy and Potency-Facts or Fiction||2017/08/17|
|The Prime Cut-A Vasectomy For When You Are Done Having Kids||2017/08/14|
|What Could Go Wrong?||2017/08/13|
|So what’s the difference?||2017/08/11|
|Two important cautions!||2017/08/10|
|Vasectomy-The Big Snip Does Not Affect Your Sex Drive||2017/08/08|
|How Much Does It Cost?||2017/08/07|
|What Could Go Wrong?||2017/08/04|
|The Sterilization Decision-Vasectomy vs. Tubal Ligation||2017/08/03|
|Pain in the Pouch- Scrotal Pain May Be Coming From Somewhere Else||2017/07/31|